Our School: A charter school for serious students
Park View Middle School (PVMS) is a charter school serving grades 6th-8th. Opened in 1999, PVMS is a tuition free school that feels like a private school. Our core academics are instructed by NCLB Highly Qualified Teachers.
Park View Middle School is committed to providing a rigorous and relevant education to its students. Our goal is to prepare students for a college preparatory secondary education, as well as develop life-long learners. We teach students how to become responsible, useful members of their communities. Education at Park View focuses on the development of skills that will be relevant to their everyday life, as well as applicable to their continued education. Within each content area the school will comply with the No Child Left Behind requirements. Park View also teaches Common Core Standards in order to prepare their students for the future of education. Park View believes:
- All students should have a safe, productive, and comfortable learning environment.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- Students learn best when they are active participants in learning activities that are geared towards differences in learning styles.
- By helping students to develop citizenship and leadership skills, the students will be better prepared to become productive, successful individuals.
- The education process should be participatory between families, schools, and students. Accountability for student achievement lies with how these participants delegate responsibility. Sharing this responsibility helps to provide a strong student support system.